UKVI Immigration Rules require that a person applying for visa to enter the United Kingdom (entry clearance) or apply visa extension or applying for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) as a partner or spouse, you must be able to prove that you have adequate accommdation.The UK Visas and Immigration has published a guidence for Maintenance and accommodation which states that a property inspection report may be submit with visa application to prove that the sponsor / applicant satisfied the accommodation requirements of the Immigration Rules.
An applicant must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation in the UK, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household. This must be accommodation which the family own or which they occupy exclusivelyProperty Inspection Report for UK Spouse Visa London
Do you need a property inspection report for spouse visa
“ Obtain an independent assessment of the number of rooms and occupants of the proposed accommodation. A report from a suitably qualified body certifying that a personal inspection has been carried out and giving details of accommodation inspected is usually acceptable for this purpose. Above all, the Entry Clearance officer must be satisfied that the accommodation will not become overcrowded within the definition of the Housing Act 1985 or that it will not contravene public health regulations. ”
Under the guidadnce of Maintenance and accommodation (MAA) of UK Visas and Immigration rules for Settlement Visas (commonly known UK Spouse Visa or partner, proposed partner, civil partner, child or other dependant relative), the Rules require applicants to be able to be maintained and accommodated (and any of their dependants) without additional recourse to public funds. A Housing Report is a document that can be submitted with visa application to show that the adequate accommodation requirement is met.Many applications are refused because they do not meet the accommodation requirements and therefore we strongly urge that that a property inspection report to submit along with other accommodation documents to avoid the risk of refusal."If posts issue guidance to applicants on accommodation, they should make it clear that any qualified body independent of the applicant or sponsor may prepare a report confirming the status of the proposed accommodation, that is, size, occupiers and so on"
Accommodation: general requirements for UK Spouse Visa
As part of the Spouse Visa requirements, you must show that you have adequate accommodation, which you must share with your partner. The property where you will be movig to, must meet the UK living standards as defined in Housing Act. Property Inspection Report is a such type of documents that ensure the property meets the UK living standard.
The ECO must be satisfied as the property:
- The availability and adequacy of accommodation
- That (where applicable) the permission of the owner of the accommodation has been given
- No additional public funds will be necessary for accommodating the applicant in cases where the sponsor lives in accommodation from public funds.
Adequacy of accommodationTo assess adequacy, the accommodation must not be:
- Overcrowded under Part X (Overcrowding) of Housing Act 1985 or
- Contravene public health regulations: free from Category 1 and 2 Hazards in Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) given under section 9 of the Housing Act 2004
Assessing adequate accommodationThe visa officer should be satisfied that the accommodation complies with the property meets requirements:
- The Accommodation is (or will be) owned or legally occupied for the exclusive use of the couple
- The Property is capable of accommodating the couple, and any children, without overcrowding as defined in the Housing Act 1985.
Property Inspection Report for UK Spouse VisaThe visa applicant needs to provide the evidence that the accommodation will not be overcrowded and all other criteria mentioned in the UK Border Agency rules. A Property Inspection Report will meet the Spouse Visa Adequate Accommodation Requirements set by UKBA. You may also need this Accommodation report if you want to enter in the UK as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving.
What information does an immigration accommodation report includes?
The Environmental Health Officer will asses the property throughly and include all relevent information to satisify the Adequacy of accommodation:
- Under Section 604 of the Housing Act 1985 (as amended) the property is fit for human habitation
- Present Arrangement and proposed sleeping arrangement for exisiting and visa applicant including all room dimentions.
- The permitted maximum number of occupations of the dwelling as defined section 325 (The room standard) and section 326 (The space standard) of Part X (OVERCROWDING) of the Housing Act 1985.
- The property has been assessed as free from Category 1 or Cateogry 2 hazards
- The Survey report will also include any other information that may be helpful based on sponsor or applicant immigration status and property conditions