Property Inspection Report for Spouse Visa

Property inspection report for spouse visa for UK visa and Immigration

UKVI Immigration Rules require that a person applying for spouse visa to enter the United Kingdom (entry clearance) or apply spouse visa extension or applying for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) as a partner or spouse, you must be able to prove that you have adequate accommodation.

An applicant must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation in the UK, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household. This must be accommodation which the family own or which they occupy exclusively. Learn More

Property Inspection Reports for spouse visa : cover the legal standards for Spouse Visa

Our Property Inspection Reports for spouse visa meet all legal requirements set by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) adequate accommodation guidance. This includes:

  • That the property is not and will not be overcrowded for both current and with addition of visa applicant in accordance with Part X of the Housing Act 1985 and that the property meets the legal requirment for Room standard and Space stanadard.
  • That the property is free from Category 1 or Category 2 hazards in accordance with the HHSRS (Housing Health and Safety Rating System) and that Under section 604 of the Housing Act 1985 (as amended) the property is fit for human habitation.
  • Free from conditions that may present a public health nuisance
  • In a reasonable state of repair

Do you need a property inspection report for spouse visa?

Under the guidance of Maintenance and accommodation (MAA) of UK Visas and Immigration rules for Settlement Visas (commonly known UK Spouse Visa or partner, proposed partner, civil partner, child or other dependent relative), the Rules require applicants to be able to be maintained and accommodated (and any of their dependents) without additional recourse to public funds. A Housing Report is a document that can be submitted with visa application to show that the adequate accommodation requirement is met.Many applications are refused because they do not meet the accommodation requirements and therefore we strongly urge that that a property inspection report to submit along with other accommodation documents to avoid the risk of refusal.

“ Obtain an independent assessment of the number of rooms and occupants of the proposed accommodation. A report from a suitably qualified body certifying that a personal inspection has been carried out and giving details of accommodation inspected is usually acceptable for this purpose. Above all, the Entry Clearance officer must be satisfied that the accommodation will not become overcrowded within the definition of the Housing Act 1985 or that it will not contravene public health regulations. ”

"If posts issue guidance to applicants on accommodation, they should make it clear that any qualified body independent of the applicant or sponsor may prepare a report confirming the status of the proposed accommodation, that is, size, occupiers and so on"

Property inspection report spouse visa

We deliver property inspection report all over the UK for spouse visa or any type of UK visas by making processes smarter, easier. We use our skills and expertise we have gained over the years to prepare customized Accommodation Survey Report for ​UK Visa.

Property inspection report spouse visa UK

Accommodation: general requirements for UK Spouse Visa

As part of the Spouse Visa requirements, you must show that you have adequate accommodation, which you must share with your partner. The property where you will be moving to, must meet the UK living standards as defined in Housing Act. Property Inspection Report is a such type of documents that ensure the property meets the UK living standard.

The ECO must be satisfied as the property:

  • The availability and adequacy of accommodation
  • That (where applicable) the permission of the owner of the accommodation has been given
  • No additional public funds will be necessary for accommodating the applicant in cases where the sponsor lives in accommodation from public funds.

Adequacy of accommodation

To assess adequacy, the accommodation must not be:

  • Overcrowded under Part X (Overcrowding) of Housing Act 1985 or
  • Contravene public health regulations: free from Category 1 and 2 Hazards in Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) given under section 9 of the Housing Act 2004

Assessing adequate accommodation

The visa officer should be satisfied that the accommodation complies with the property meets requirements:

  • The Accommodation is (or will be) owned or legally occupied for the exclusive use of the couple
  • The Property is capable of accommodating the couple, and any children, without overcrowding as defined in the Housing Act 1985.

What information does an immigration accommodation report for spouse visa includes?

The Environmental Health Officer will asses the property throughly and include all relevent information to satisify the Adequacy of accommodation:

  • Under Section 604 of the Housing Act 1985 (as amended) the property is fit for human habitation
  • Present Arrangement and proposed sleeping arrangement for exisiting and visa applicant including all room dimentions.
  • The permitted maximum number of occupations of the dwelling as defined section 325 (The room standard) and section 326 (The space standard) of Part X (OVERCROWDING) of the Housing Act 1985.
  • The property has been assessed as free from Category 1 or Cateogry 2 hazards
  • The Survey report will also include any other information that may be helpful based on sponsor or applicant immigration status and property conditions

If you wish to find out how you can get Property Inspection Report for Spouse visa, please contact us; Call us on 07500242494 for a free consultation for suitability of your property for spouse visa.

You can use the property inspection report as a supporting document for adequacy of accommodation when Apply as a partner or spouse (civil partnership or marriage visa) or applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner visa.

Property Inspection Report for Spouse Visa London