UKVI Immigration Rules require that a person applying for visa to enter the United Kingdom (entry clearance) or apply visa extension or applying for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) as a partner or spouse, you must be able to prove that you have adequate accommdation.The UK Visas and Immigration has published a guidence for Maintenance and accommodation which states that a property inspection report may be submit with visa application to prove that the sponsor / applicant satisfied the accommodation requirements of the Immigration Rules.
An applicant must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation in the UK, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household. This must be accommodation which the family own or which they occupy exclusivelyProperty Inspection Report for UK Spouse Visa London
Adequacy of accommodationTo assess adequacy, the accommodation must not be:
- Overcrowded under Part X (Overcrowding) of Housing Act 1985 or
- Contravene public health regulations: free from Category 1 and 2 Hazards in Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) given under section 9 of the Housing Act 2004
Assessing adequate accommodationThe visa officer should be satisfied that the accommodation complies with the property meets requirements:
- The Accommodation is (or will be) owned or legally occupied for the exclusive use of the couple
- The Property is capable of accommodating the couple, and any children, without overcrowding as defined in the Housing Act 1985.
Property Inspection Report for UK Spouse VisaThe visa applicant needs to provide the evidence that the accommodation will not be overcrowded and all other criteria mentioned in the UK Border Agency rules. A Property Inspection Report will meet the Spouse Visa Adequate Accommodation Requirements set by UKBA. You may also need this Accommodation report if you want to enter in the UK as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving.
What information does an immigration accommodation report includes?
The Environmental Health Officer will asses the property throughly and include all relevent information to satisify the Adequacy of accommodation:
- Under Section 604 of the Housing Act 1985 (as amended) the property is fit for human habitation
- Present Arrangement and proposed sleeping arrangement for exisiting and visa applicant including all room dimentions.
- The permitted maximum number of occupations of the dwelling as defined section 325 (The room standard) and section 326 (The space standard) of Part X (OVERCROWDING) of the Housing Act 1985.
- The property has been assessed as free from Category 1 or Cateogry 2 hazards
- The Survey report will also include any other information that may be helpful based on sponsor or applicant immigration status and property conditions