When you are applying for a UK entry clearance visa and settlement application or you are sponsoring someone to enter in the UK, you may consider to submit a property inspection report as the supporting documents to prove that the intended accommodation is suitable. As part of the visa application you may need a confirmation letter from an independent professional that the proposed accommodation is suitable, safe, in good repair condition and will not be overcrowded if the visa applicant move in.
We can carry out an inspection of the property for UK visa application. This will ensure that the property:
- meets the legal minimum standard
- will not be overcrowded when the immigrant arrives.
We will arrange a mutually convenient time for the inspection to be carried out. The waiting time for an appointment depends on your areas and how busy we are. We advise you to contact us as soon as possible to get the appointment in your prefer date/ time.
At the time of booking we may asked you some general information as a part of pre assessment of your property. Who is applying for visa? How many people are currently living in the property and their age? How many bedrooms, living rooms you have? Based on your answer we can give you an idea about the outcome of the inspection but this is not your final outcome. You will get the final report once we finish the survey of your proeprty.
At the time of Property Inspection
A qualified Environmental Health Officer / Surveyor will visit your property. You will be asked to show the Officer around the whole property, outlining who occupies the house, and which rooms they sleep in. The property will be required to be free from Category 1 Hazards as defined under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) under Housing Act 2004. During inspection the officer will take measurements of each sleeping room (Bedrooms, living room / dinning room etc) and will have look around the property and as the evidence will take some photographs.Based on inspection the officer will make a judgment on whether the property is suitable and safe for occupation, and whether it would become statutorily overcrowded by the addition of the visa applicant (s).
After the Property Inspection
Once we finish the inspection, you will get a letter within 3 working days. But most time you will get the letter within 24 hours. The letter will contain:
- The address of the property inspected.
- Whether the proeprty statutorily overcrowded under Part X Overcrowding of Housing Act 1985, and will have sufficient space to accommodate both the current occupiers and the applicant.
- Whether the property is free from Category 1 hazards as defined in Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) under the Housing Act 2004
- Present and proposed sleeping arrangement for current and proposed occupants.
- Name and date of birth / age of current occupants and visa applicant.
- Other relevant comments based on property condition and applicant’s circumstances.
The report can be submitted appropriate authority along with other visa documentsAs applicant to demonstrate that you meet the adequate accommodation requirments.